Re: [Question #207881]: Unphysical behaviour, and Verlet collision detection

Giulia Macaro posted a new comment:
Thank you all for your replies.

I will try to play more with the time step and the loading velocity.  And also I might try to reduce the scaling of the PSD to increase the number of contacts.
I will also try with verletDist=0 (which I guess will be extremely slow), to exclude that problem.  Thanks Bruno for the explanations, it makes more sense now.

I haven't updated Yade for a while, so I first need to update it, clean my code, modify the new one, and then will try to commit it.
But then the problem with the script reproducing the behaviour is that it only happens in very long simulations (few days).  Simple tests with less particles and lower stiffnesses work fine.  That 's why maybe I should play more with the input parameters.

I will let you know when I'm ready to commit, or when I find out more.