[Question #210429]: on constitutive law of DEM and yade

Law between particles are fundamental problems in yade, and also other DEM codes, for which, the contact parameters are now mostly accepted obtained by calibrated dem results with real triaxial compression test.

As for yade, most papers using yade or sdec,  the triaxial cell is usually a bit larger, for example in Plassiard's paper, 10 *20 *10m, and he pointed out in his paper that a larger cell than real triaxial compression test is to reduce the computation time,
and contact law in yade has already considered the scale effect.

I do not understand how yade consider scale effect for a triaxial compression test, for example, using 1*2*1 to model .1*.2*.1,
if using latter, computation time will be a bit larger.

1)  Is there any theory on contact law for yade talking about scale effect explaining my ques?

2) As for trixial compression test considering capillary effect, the cell is ususlly .001*.001*.001m, I think, capillary depends on particle scale ? and what's the differece between 1*1*1 m cell box and .001*.001*.001m cell box?