Re: [Question #210429]: on constitutive law of DEM and yade

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
1) In terms of theory, dimensional analysis is all you need to exhibit scaling relations. For stiffness the scaling is mentioned for instance in section 2.1 here:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0020722508001183

For friction, there is no scale effect at all (again, proof by
dimensional analysis). My PhD thesis has proper proofs but its in
french, and I don't know any english source detailing it. You may find
the proofs by yourself using
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckingham_%CF%80_theorem

2) Scale effects in capillary effects can also be understood with
dimensional analysis, although a bit more difficult. It will be
mentioned in an upcoming paper. Capillarity in gravel is negligible, in
silts it has bigger effects.

Actually, there is nothing specificaly related to yade in the scaling
relations.