Re: [Question #211358]: Differen between simulation and real experiment

Christian Sommerfeld is still having a problem:
Sorry for my late response! Now i'm absolutely confused! I only want to
check if it is possible to simulate my application with the DEM.  So i
chose the Cundall&Strack with a linear-elastic behavior to make it as
easy as possible. Maybe it isn't the best law for my experiment, it
should be only a first step. Now my question why i'm so confused: Isn't
it possible to use the Cundall&Strack law for this kind of test with an
elastic behaviour and without cohesion?

I know that i get the contact behaviour with a static compression. But
for my experiment i don't want to measure the contact behaviour itself.
I need the movement for my experiment, which i hopefully get from the
DEM, to measure the force which is acting in the load cell. And i thougt
about the force which is acting in the load cell. If you let fall down a
ball with a radius of 3mm from a high of 100mm the load cell will
measure a foce under 10N.