Re: [Question #215571]: 2D makeCloud

Riccardo carta is still having a problem:
ok,
using makeCloud() ,the maximum number of particles of the same radius I can put into a box defined by minCorner and maxCorner is achieved by calling the function with the default inputs:
(num=-1,porosity=.5)
am I right?

Does the porosity have something to do with the amount of void space in
the makeCloud box? Because I can not see difference between porosity=0
and porosity=1 (or porosity=10)

let's now call

radius=.005
sp=pack.SpherePack()
sp.makeCloud(minCorner=(-.1,0,-.1),maxCorner=(.1,0,.1),rMean=radius)
sp.toSimulation(material=MatSp)
box=O.bodies.append(utils.geom.facetBox((0,0,0),(.1,radius,.1),material=MatBox,wallMask=31)) # the same box of makeCloud
O.engines=[
	ForceResetter(),
   	InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Facet_Aabb(),Bo1_Wall_Aabb()]),
   	InteractionLoop(
      		[Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Wall_Sphere_ScGeom()],
      		[Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],
      		[Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
   	),
	NewtonIntegrator(gravity=(0,0,-9.81),damping=.1)
]
O.dt=utils.PWaveTimeStep()

at the end of the run, which is a trivial gravity deposition, I see almost half of the box empty:
is the makeCloud command able to produce a particles distribution like the random one achieved in this way filling the entire box?
For example I see that regularHexa() packs spheres in such a way, but of course following a regular distribution; what I'd like to have is a random one.

Riccardo