Re: [Question #215877]: SIGKILL and possible memory leakage

Giulia Macaro confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks Anton for trying my script.  I have found that if I  restart the pc just before starting the test and I do not run other programs apart from Yade, it works fine for me too.
I have run some more tests on the same script, recording the total memory and also the memory used by Yade only, using sysstat.  Every time I was restarting the pc before starting a new test.

I have found no increasing of memory (or only very slightly, from 2.38 to 2.55 % in 44 hours) if no other processes are running.  But if then I start using other programs (firefox, nautilus, and geany) at the same time, the memory used by Yade increases faster (from 2.55 to 2.80 % in the following 3 hours).
The same script, but with more functions to periodically save the simulation, gives a memory usage increasing from 2.21 to 4.02 in the first 23 hours (with no other programs running) and then from 4.02 to 8.23 % in the following 3 hours (with others programs running too).

I understand if only the total memory would  increase, but I do not see why Yade uses more memory if I open firefox, for example. Or maybe I am missing something about how the pc works.
I am wondering if someone has noticed the same behaviour before.  Anyway, I am also happy to not use the pc at all while running Yade and keep the memory low.