[Question #220640]: Force in area - Stir rod

 Hi everybody!

I'm a new Yade user and I need some help to carry out my research.

I'm studying the behaviour of a coarse aggregate layer composed of two sub-layers. Both sub-layers have the same properties, granulometry, etc, but the upper one is denser than the lower one.

The goal is to figure out how the particles of the two sub-layers mix each other as a result of two different load cases:

1) Vertical load applied during a short time over a certain area (not over just a particle) of the upper boundary of the upper sub-layer.

2) A rod is introduced into the layers and then it moves with a trajectory in a horizontal plane.

The problem is that I don't know how to simulate both load cases. Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!