Re: [Question #220639]: saving simulation at certain time step

Eugen Kubowsky is still having a problem:
Thanks Jan for your answer.
Hm, I already used vtk recorder to save my simulation and postprocess it in paraview. But I dont know whether its possible to import these saved files again in Yade. This would be the easiest way. I would only need the last vtk snapshot after the intialisation of my simulation. After importing it to yade any other .py script could be executed using the loaded particles.
If this is not possible i'd have to write a little script that goes through all particles of my simulation after initialisation process and saves positions in txt, as you said.
is it possible to read a vtk snapshot into yade?

greetings, eugen