Re: [Question #221209]: Confinement by moving wall (external) in triaxial test

Link Namco posted a new comment:
Thanks boss :)
I turned it to zero because first I used L96 but I don't see the wall moving so I think the stressMark may block the movement (I can see I was wrong at some points).
But wait, even if I use exactly your example script, and I choose internalCompaction = False, and then "uncomment" the section

while 1:
  O.run(1000, True)
  #the global unbalanced force on dynamic bodies, thus excluding boundaries, which are not at equilibrium
  unb=unbalancedForce()
  #average stress
  #note: triax.stress(k) returns a stress vector, so we need to keep only the normal component
  meanS=(triax.stress(triax.wall_right_id)[0]+triax.stress(triax.wall_top_id)[1]+triax.stress(triax.wall_front_id)[2])/3
  print 'unbalanced force:',unb,' mean stress: ',meanS
  if unb<stabilityThreshold and abs(meanS-triax.sigma_iso)/triax.sigma_iso<0.001:
    break
(L130 --> L140)
To check for the iso state, then also I want, the same time, attain the porosity so I "uncomment" the section

import sys #this is only for the flush() below
while triax.porosity>targetPorosity:
	# we decrease friction value and apply it to all the bodies and contacts
	compFricDegree = 0.95*compFricDegree
	setContactFriction(radians(compFricDegree))
	print "\r Friction: ",compFricDegree," porosity:",triax.porosity,
	sys.stdout.flush()
	# while we run steps, triax will tend to grow particles as the packing
	# keeps shrinking as a consequence of decreasing friction. Consequently
	# porosity will decrease
	O.run(500,1)

And the error is still there. The walls are not moving at all, at this
time I open the inspector and turn on the option "internalCompaction" to
test and voila, the spheres grow!

Or you can run the script I'd pasted if you have time (pretty please) because I don't really think I can explain my problem clear enough :(
Much thanks!