Re: [Question #221209]: Confinement by moving wall (external) in triaxial test

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
I see. The problem is that sigma_iso is not used when internal = false.

You have to define the goal stresses:
triax.goal1 = triax.goal2 =  triax.goal3 = 80000

It seems I should completely remove sigma_iso to avoid this misleading behavior. Thanks for showing that.
Same remark for  "isAxisymetric", which is useless and can only generate troubles.

You will see that sigma=80000 is a bit too much then a few particles are
ejected in very begining. You should decrease max_vel, or make box
thicker, or increase sigma a bit progressively.

Also funny with this loose cloud: packings are created in the corner of
the box first then the center is compressed, it is very visible.
Avoiding this heterogeneity is the reason for internal compaction.