Re: [Question #228175]: Accelerate the simulation with CUDA

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
>I just began the first one with "yade-daily --threads=4 1.py" then the
second one with "yade-daily --threads=4 2.py". Did it infulence the
compute efficiency?

It should be ok. So your result is strange.
A problem could be that if you ask all cores for yade, then using the computer to do other things at the same time can slow things down a lot. It should also happen for one 8-threads simulation, though.

>11364 particles in my simulation +  up to 30 million timesteps

With such small number of particles, parallelization will not help a
lot. The question is if you really need so many steps or if the same (or
almost the same) result could be obtained with less steps.