Re: [Question #229891]: contact force at contact points

global coordinates mean that normalForce is parallel to the interaction
direction. shearForce is perpendicular to interaction direction. Everything
in global coordinate system.

To get the force components in local coordinate system (i.e. normalForce is
one scalar value), you can do:
fn_scalar = i.phys.normalForce.dot(i.geom.normal)

Some derived IPhys classes uses directly these scalar values (e.g.
CpmPhys), but not in general.

cheers
Jan