Re: [Question #222250]: model a direct shear test

Luc Scholtès posted a new comment:
Hello,

Nothing is "wrong" with the code, it is simply looking for a packing
whose name is defined by PACKING at the beginning of the script and
finished by ".spheres". They are a lot of different ways to generate a
packing (see: https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#sphere-packings).
Usually, I first generate packings separately and I export tehm in a
text file "name.spheres" so that I can use them for whatever I want
later on. So you need to figure out how to generate your
textfile.spheres using the method that better suit you using the utils
function export.text. Another way, if you run a triaxial test using Yade
graphical interface (ype F12 once yade terminal is open), a
textfile.spheres is generated with predefined geometrical properties.
You can work this way for parallellepipedic packings if you want.

Cheers

Luc