Re: [Question #232493]: yade crashes when opening

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
Ok, so we really have to discuss that Luc.
cohesiveFrictionalPM is a duplicate of Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment for the most part.
You are about to commit an improved duplicate of a duplicate?... I would really like if we could avoid that.
A few reasons:
- users are lost with so many possibilites;
- lots of unmaintained laws;
- well tested algorithms for contact kinematics (I'm reworking those for a few months now and will commit improvements sometime soon), periodic boundary conditions, etc. are only implemented in a small number of laws since it is painfull to propagate a fix in all existing laws, hence many laws are using poor implementation of contact handling.
- similarly convenience features (e.g. elastic energy and plastic dissipation) are only available for a few laws.

What are the key features of your materials/law that are not present in Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment?
What would it cost in terms of additional attribute to implement it in the existing classes? I can see it needs the number of broken contacts in material class, if its only that it is not worth a full set of classes I think.

First, please, no new law unless you remove at the same time cohesiveFrictionalPM completely.
Second, even assuming that cohesiveFrictionalPM will be removed, does it really need a new law?