Re: [Question #232953]: rolling resistance models in YADE

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
For the sake of clarity, a discussion of contact laws should clearly
identify kinematic variables, static variables, the rheological model,
the constitutive parameters.

Your question is relatively clear except for the distinction between the model and the parameters.
>the algorithms for calculaing rolling stiffness and rolling torque are respectively what?

Basically, as soon as there is a linear elastic model between static and
kinematic DOFs, defining the stiffness (the constitutive parameter) is
on the users side. The job of the contact law is only to compute on the
basis of the parameters you provide. There may be a definition by
default sometimes in Yade, but better 1/ decide how you want to define
stiffness, then 2/ find out how to assign this definition in a
simulation.

For concrete classes computing contact moments, I recommend Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment [1] which is elastic-plastic on moments. The default definition of stiffness is in [2], for which I don't see any clear documentation, you will have to check the code to know what happens. :(
I'm filling a bug report.

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=law2_scgeom6d_cohfrictphys_cohesionmoment#yade.wrapper.Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment
[2] https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys