[Question #234062]: Track rotation of particle

I want to track the rotation angle of all the particles in a simulation process, for example a granular flow.

To my understanding, YADE records the orientation of each particle in a quaternion way, but the rotation angle is not simply the angle between two orientations due to the 2PI period and the possibility of rotation direction (clockwise or anticlockwise).

I want to output angVel*dt step by step from NewtonIntegrator engine. How to modify the C++ code? Or is there other way? Computation in python script is very slow.