Re: [Question #233349]: problems with simpleShear.py

liucheng83 is still having a problem:
Hi Jerome,
Nice to get reply from you. Really  I'm lucky you are here.

 -- Do not expect that your macroscopic friction angle corresponds to the friction angle you defined for the contact laws between particles (if I get your question). It is never the case in DEM (you should find many discussions about this in the mailing lists..)
Macroscopic  friction angle is not equal to interpatical friction angle, I have tried that, it's true.

- "fx" can have any sign. It is the horizontal force sustained by the upper plate. Depending on the sense of shearing, and the initial state of your sample, it can be positiv or negativ.
Just suppose "Fx" is positive when the plate move to +x direction, I found that "Fx" is positive when O.iter from 1 to  nCycShear(=20000), but from  nCycShear to 1.15*nCycShear, it do not shear any more beacause gammalim is reached and "Fx" go to negative directly. This is done by O.run(int(1.15*nCycShear),True).

Another strange thing is that running Compression stage with O.run(20000,True) and O.run(40000,True) the Compression displacement U is equal, but at the shear stage,  the the former calculation speed is much quicker than the latter, what may be the reason?
Beacuse you cannot test the script, this seems a difficult question to solve.  But really  thank you for your help!

LiuCheng