Re: [Question #233349]: problems with simpleShear.py

jduriez posted a new comment:
Hello Liucheng,

I wrote this script but was away from Yade until today, maybe you are
lucky.. So, even if I'm currently not able to launch Yade and your
script, few remarks :

- Do not expect that your macroscopic friction angle corresponds to the
friction angle you defined for the contact laws between particles (if I
get your question). It is never the case in DEM (you should find many
discussions about this in the mailing lists..)

- "fx" can have any sign. It is the horizontal force sustained by the
upper plate. Depending on the sense of shearing, and the initial state
of your sample, it can be positiv or negativ.

- if the calculation is too slow, I do not have other suggestions than
reducing the number of spheres or changing your computer...

Jerome