Re: [Question #235138]: how to define friction at the boundaries in triaxial test

jduriez proposed the following answer:
Hello Stephen,

- It seems to me that maybe, these "material" are not perfectly clear to
you (otherwise, please excuse my answer). You can define in your Yade-
simulation (this "O" of O. ...) a list of different "materials" defined
by their type, and the values of the corresponding parameters

But this list is useless until you do not affect one material of the
list to one "body" (=element) of your simulation. So when you type
O.materials[idSand].young=1e6, you only change one parameter value of
one material of the list.

Are you sure it is the material that you affected to your spheres ? Note
that you still use sp.toSimulation() (cf Christian's remark)

- Second, I fear problems with this "idSand" that is both a label of a material, and the return value of O.bodies.append() function, see your line :
      idSand=O.materials.append(..........,label='idSand'))

I'm not yet enough python/yade - aware to be sure there is a problem, but I'm not sure that your line
     O.materials[idSand].young=1e6.
does what you want ??