Von: bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Bruno Chareyre
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. November 2013 13:21
An: Eulitz, Alexander
Betreff: Re: [Question #238696]: Time step

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
Reflecting contact damping in time-step determination is relatively easy in the context of GlobalStiffness (though not implemented).
The derivation has been explained by Emanuele Catalano (page 59 in [1]). For Emanuele it was fluid viscosity instead of contact viscosity, but the equations are similar if you replace V (eq. 4.9) by a global viscosity matrix reflecting existing contacts on a given body.

For the record, Cundall's non-viscous damping [2] is not modifying the
timestep (but it should not be used for impact problems).

Bruno

[1] https://yade-dem.org/publi/Catalano_Thesis.pdf
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.NewtonIntegrator.damping

--
You received this question notification because you are a direct subscriber of the question.