Re: [Question #238696]: Time step

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
@Alexander
Cundall's damping is based on tricking Newton's law, and so it modifies the dynamic behaviour (in a way that can't be justified from first principles).
I don't know a paper on this specifically, but it is I think obvious.

I named impact problems because it was in the original question. More
generally, the solution becomes non-physical as soon as dynamic
behaviour matters, as opposed to quasi-static problems (for static bulk
properties it is ok, it is not an impact problem is it?).

Bruno