Re: [Question #240619]: Collision detection and dense sphere packing problem with compiled yade-daily

jduriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

For 1) I also faced the situation some times. randomDensePack() uses
some different operations to generate your packing : generate a cloud of
spheres not in contact, then perform an isotropic compression to obtain
an dense sample... It may happen that the cloud generation is not
successfull (e.g. because you tried to put too many non overlapping
spheres in a given volume or something like that) => no packing...

 Nothing really bad in itself, retest a second time : you observed
yourself that sometimes it works ! If you want however to get rid of
this feature, consider save a sucessfully generated sample that you
could import (with ymport.text) each time you launch your script

For the warnings, they are all related to the way you generate your packing, and are also not really bad from my point of view (once you get your packing, you can consider that all is ok). You will understand 1) if you dive into the details of randomDensePack().
2) and 3) are in fact apparently the same, it is more or less self-explanatory, and, again it depends on the commands you typed to get a packing.

Your problem 2) is more annoying. Maybe you define wrong "contact laws"
so that sphere-facets interactions could be handled. We would need your
script to give you more info.

Jerome