Re: [Question #240872]: Cell.homoDeform & PeriTriaxController.dynCell

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>if !homoDeform, the sample deformation will be caused "indirectly" by
boundaries particles being closer from the center of the cell ? Leading
to a non-uniform strain in the cell ?

Yes.
Of course, it will not remain non-uniform. It will equilibrate in the long run, just like a stress increment applied by a rigid boundary is propagating over time.
It is not documented because it is really useless.

> Or something that can be physically proven ?

I think it is impossible to define a dynamic situation consistently in PBC. Of course I would be glad if someone could find a logic in it, but at the moment I typed the equation without a proof. Some time ago Chiara even mentionned that the equation was dimensionally wrong.
So, take it as a trick. And apparently the trick works. :)

>if !dynCell

It becomes strain=stress/stiffness instead of rate+=stress/mass. The
complex lines are stiffness evaluation (Jan will maybe confirm or not).

>Any reference

I guess I should write a paper about it... I don't think it is explained anywhere in details.
There is a little bit of explanation here:
https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#deformations-handling
https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/NewtonIntegrator.cpp#L181