Re: [Question #242646]: Changing The Integration Algorithm

Anton Gladky proposed the following answer:
Hi,

> ...it stands as the chief of the program. I think this contradicts with the Yade philosophy where every module should be independent.
> At this point, I am thinking to use scene->moveToNextTimeStep function for the model function that has to be supplied to
> the integrator. Is it a good idea in your perspective?

this library is available in boost, starting from version 1.53 [1]. So
technically it is not a problem at all
to use it, because Yade uses boost in many places of the code and
boost is available almost everywhere.

If I understand you correctly, you want to move bodies not on the base
of interacting (and other) forces,
but explicitly? If so, you can just drop newtonintegrator from your
simulation and use your own engine
for that.

[1]
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/numeric/odeint/doc/html/index.html