[Question #242646]: Changing The Integration Algorithm

I have talked on this topic before and got significant answers  from namely Mr. Chareyre and other developers, but, the scope was too constricted.

Now, I want to get further discussion on the possible ways of the implementation.  First of all, I need to use an adaptive explicit method like Runge-Kutta versions. For this purpose, I have found a free library that is called Odeint as some of you might already heard about it.  Like any other time integration packages, it requires one to supply a function for the model where with this property, it stands as the chief of the program. I think this contradicts with the Yade philosophy where every module should be independent.

At this point, I am thinking to use scene->moveToNextTimeStep function for the model function that has to be supplied to
the integrator. Is it a good idea in your perspective?

Thank you in advance.

Burak RE