Re: [Question #242915]: yadedaily on linux mint 16

Anton Gladky proposed the following answer:
Hi,

2014-01-28 Ehsan Izadi <question242915@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I have Linux mint 16 (Petra) installed on my laptop, when I'm
> following the instructions mentioned in YADE webpage, I face an error
> regarding that I have some broken packages.
> I don't think the repository contains a folder entitled "olivia" or
> "petra" and I guess I have to use one of Ubuntu distributions for
> that, but I don't know which one.

The list of supported distributions is available here [1]. Just push
the "branch" button and the name of each branch will correspond
to the name of distribution.

Currently supported:

Debian: Wheezy, Jessie, Unstable
Ubuntu: Precise, Saucy, Trusty

We will unlikely support any other kind of distribution. Especially Mint, which
is a fork of Ubuntu, which is itself a fork of Debian. But who knows,
if the major users will have Mint, then...

> I tried saucy, precise but, they didn't work.

Why?

We are moving now the build package infrastructure into Grenoble,
so there can be some temporary problems, let us know, if it is the case.

[1] https://github.com/yade/yadedaily

Regards,

Anton