Re: [Question #240738]: Solid sphere in ParaView

Hi Ricardo,

just now I need this feature and found out a workaround. If you make a
"clip" in paraview, you can see inside the cliced spheres. To make them
"solid", do the following by external script/program:
- define a cutting plane
- iterate over spheres and choose spheres that are cut by the plane
- compute projection of the spheres center on the plane
- compute section circles radii (section circles = circles cut by the
cutting plane from the spheres)
- export the projected center, section circle radius and plane normal to a
new vtk file
- in paraview, cut spheres in ordinary way (now you can sse inside them)
- load the new file with circle and create cylinder glyph, defining very
low height (visually equal to planar circles)
- now the section seems as the spheres were solid :-)

do you (or other people) stiil need this feature? if so, I can post my
script (after sme cleanup and documentation) that does the conversion.
cheers