Re: [Question #240738]: Solid sphere in ParaView

Klaus Thoeni proposed the following answer:
Hi guys,

> Besides, paraview can be commanded in python it seems. Does anyone have
> an idea how it works anf if we could generate images that way in yade
> without actually using paraview's gui?

I tried it once but the python script was rather awful. I used the
"Tools>Start Trace" function to record my activities in Praview as a python
script.

Just another thought, you could use mayavi [1]. I think it could be a quick
alternative to Paraview for this kind of things. It works the same way as
matplotlib so you don't have to deal with the cryptic paraview
names/variables. I used it once for some other stuff and I was really happy
with it.

Cheers
Klaus

[1] http://docs.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/index.html