Re: [Question #247006]: Writing a new constitutive law

jduriez proposed the following answer:
Hi

About your question "1-", I did not check what you said, but I would not
be affraid of such things.

Until now, boxes (as facets) were, I guess, always used as boundaries elements whose velocities are directly prescribed. Their movements thus do not depend on sum of acting forces. (By the way, for this reason, I think that in fact 2d Newton's law is not applied at all to boxes).
Have in mind that NewtonIntegrator changes the position of any body according to its velocity. Concerning velocity, depending on the dynamic feature / the blocked DOF, the velocity is either computed according to acceleration = sum of forces / mass, or constant (equal to 0 or the user-defined value )

About 2-, I do not use facets, but I also think that they also have
material properties. "Facet" is just a possible "shape" for "Body", that
has always a "Material"