Re: [Question #247006]: Writing a new constitutive law

behzad majidi posted a new comment:
as for Jan;

What I mean about Boxes is that, we have the option of "fixed=False" which allows it to move and since it has already density assigned, it can and it does move because of gravity acceleration. However, I think it has only 3 DOF's.
I wanted to see if we can change facets to dynamic bodies.
Anyway, this is not important if as you guys said I can use Polyhedra for the purpose of grains.

Yes, what I need to to is import gts or stl into Yade and treat them the
same way as polyhedra. The problem with current implementation of
polyhedra is that we cannot have that much control on its shape. But I
have already certain irregular-shape grains as stl.

as for jduriez;

The reason I wanted to assign properties such as density to facets is
that (as I mentioned above for Jan) to import gts as facets and treat
them as polyhedra of clumps! So I wanted to make  them Dynamic bodies.

I think, according to all I can conclude that the best way to deal with the issue is using polyhedra. To do so I will need;

1- find a way to import gts/stl and define it as polyhedra in Yade
2- Define a polyhedra-sphere contact law