[Question #248023]: Changing properties of spheres causing problems.

In the gravity deposition followed by uniaxial compression example if I change the physical properties of the sphere using the following code:

idAlumina=O.materials.append(FrictMat(density=3.95e3,young=30e9,poisson=.3,frictionAngle=.5236))

The gravity deposition and uniaxial compression both get really slow. If I use default values, the compression typically starts in 8000 iterations or less but with these properties the compression doesn't start till at least 80000 iterations have passed. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to solve it?