Re: [Question #248206]: A simple case for stress strain curve

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>So, can I conclude that in the case of a cylindrical sample composed of
a random packing...

Erm.. not really. If you change your question I may also change my answer...
The problem is the cross sectional area of a random packing is less well defined than that of an organized column. But let's say you can define it. By "unbalanced force" on a facet I mean you mean just "force", correct? If so, ok.

Micro-stress averaging on particles  would be also ok but more tricky
for a cylinder, because the boundary itself is not clearly defined (same
problem for defining cross sectional area btw).

I never expected bodyStressTensors() to give anything meaningful for a facet when I wrote it. If you read the doc you will see that the maths hardly apply to a flat zero-volume object.
I have no idea what it would give to be honnest, but I'm sure it is irrelevant.