Re: [Question #248466]: Validation of Cundall Strack contact law?

Hello Hasan,

> I am trying to validate some contact laws that used in Yade before doing
anything else . I started with  a very simple example of sphere dropping
 and calculate the displacement at different speed ,  after that I  begun
to compare the analytic solution with  Yade results. But there was some
deviation in the analytic solution.

Would it be possible to provide us with the yade script and also
script/formulas you use as the analytical solution? Maybe we could find the
problem directly.

The Cundall Strack law in normal direction is the simplest possible, force
= stiffness * displacement. So your problem might be caused by wrong values
(perhaps stiffness?) In analytical solution or too large time step in yade
solution.

> - How much will probably be the percentage of error for a very simple
test like this one?

Depends on your time step, theoretically could be any value, practically in
stable regime should be "very small".

cheers