Re: [Question #249377]: Peri3dController without periodic sample?

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
My two cents Cyndie: make sure the stress/strain fields are homogeneous in your tests (and with KinemCNDEngine chances are high that they will not be homogeneous).
It is a pitty to spend time on such a thing, then realize at the end that the results are worthless because everything is governed by innapropriate boundary conditions. I know many papers where this problem is visible, and I guess even more papers do not exist (have been rejected) for the same reason.
Good simulations of simple shear are always based on periodic boundary condistions (see e.g. Radjai & co. papers).