Re: [Question #249377]: Peri3dController without periodic sample?

Jérôme Duriez posted a new comment:
Probably I have to state also my point of view here (because I wrote and
used KinemCNDEngine). So, Cyndie, I obviously agree with Bruno about the
necessity of an homogeneous mechanical state if you want to obtain
meaningful stress/strain values from boundaries measurements. And I must
confess that I never checked directly this homogeneity. Nevertheless, I
think I could obtain mechanically meaningful results, as e.g. a
classical flow rule measured from different Kinem... loadings (Figure 22
of Duriez2013).

So my point of view is that it is still possible to obtain mechanically
correct results with such simple shear model (depending probably on the
dimensions of your shear box, how much it is strained, ...). But, if you
want to have no doubt about that, yes it is better to use periodic
conditions.

Jérôme