Re: [Question #253296]: Periodic boundary conditions - cell position

Dominik Boemer is still having a problem:
Hello Jan,

Thanks you! Let's put it simple.  I think that you know the periodic
sand pile example (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZuNFliFcw ;
https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/periodicSandPile.py).
The box in this example seems to have the following vertices:

(0,0,0),
(length,0,0)
(0,width,0)
(length,width,0)
(0,0,3.*height)
(length,0,3.*height)
(0,width,3.*height)
(length,width,3.*height)

Thus, the center of gravity of the box is located at
(length/2,width/2,1.5*height).  I want however that the coordinates of
the COG are (0,0,0).  In other words, I would like to translate the box
(or to create one that directly satisfies this condition).

Why?  I am currently creating a DEM simulation of a ball mill.  And
instead of inserting two walls at the mill ends (to close it), I would
like to create a periodic boundary such that the balls which are
evacuated at one side reenter at the other side.

I hope this might help.
Thanks again,
Dominik