Re: [Question #253296]: Periodic boundary conditions - cell position

Dominik Boemer posted a new comment:
Hello Bruno,

suppose that I have a ball mill with rotation axis z of radius r and
length l (in z direction).   In this case, I will use

O.cell.refSize=(2*r, 2*r, l)

to create the periodic boundary condition.  Thus, the mill seems to have
an infinite length (along z).  As you pointed out, this is absolutely
correct (for any rotation point (a,b,c), i.e. the rotation of the liner
is defined by a direction and a point).  But, as Jan explained, the
post-processing gets a little inconvenient if the rotation point is
(0,0,0).  In this case, I see a rectangular parallelepiped with one
quadrant of the mill in each of its corners.  Until now everything is
fine.  But these quadrants are turned to the outside, such that the
liner (projection) almost looks like an astroide (hypocycloid with four
cusps).  I want, however, to see the liner like a circle and this is why
I had to translate the mill and its content from (0,0,0) to (r, r, 0);
it's just a matter of post-processing.

Regards,
Dominik