Re: [Question #253045]: Law2_ScGeom_ViscElPhys_Basic [Pournin2001]

Dominik Boemer posted a new comment:
Hi François,

I answered in the bug section to Anton's message.  But I will also
answer to your questions here.

- I wanted to say "inertia" forces, which are usually definied as \int_{V} rho \ddot{\mathbf{x}} dV (with V, the volume, rho, the density and  \ddot{\mathbf{x}}, the acceleration vector).  In more simple terms, it is the force "m*a" (mass times acceleration).

- That is exactly my point.  In version 1.07.0 of Yade, the two position curves (numerical and analytical) overlap even if the density of the sphere's material is 1e6 kg/m^3 (numerical model).  In other words, the mass of the sphere in Yade (not the analytical model) always equals 1 kg for any value of density (from the inertia force's point of view).  Thus, there is (or was, as the bug seems to have been fixed in yadedaily) a bug in the calculation of the inertia forces.

Regards,
Dominik