Re: [Question #255437]: Periodic random packing of spheres in a cube

Hi Shailesh,

> yade.export.textExt(konda1,format='x_y_z_r',comment=" ",mask=-1,attrs=[])
> error: Attribute error

In the case of similar errors, please always give us more details, i.e.
full error message and also some info about your variables (like what
'konda1' is). It will help us solve your problem more quickly :-)

Concerning periodic boundary conditions, you may also call it periodic
contact detection. There is a nice section in 'DEM formulation' section in
docs [1]. All particles are in the simulation physically just once, but
collisions are detected also with periodic images of other particles. Thus
there is nothing like edge particles and you would need some manual
postprocessing if you need such information.

Concerning SpherePack, you can use toList or other approaches to extract
info into a list and then do whatever you want with the values, see [2].
Just to complete the toSimulation answer.

Cheers
Jan

[1]
https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#collision-detection-in-periodic-cell