[Question #256106]: Coupling YADE with CFD

Hi!

I am new to yade and am reading  and running some basic models to learn more about it. How good is yade when it comes to coupling it with CFD? I read about this topic in Chen's  work, but am not sure what is the current status as far as coupling yade with CFD is concern.
I am looking to carry out DEM-CFD simulation. My initial goal is to create a DEM model of a  "random packing of spheres around 20000" in a  cube. Then in this domain will carry out CFD thermal analysis. All the spheres would be at initial temperature of 500K. The inlet gas would be a  cold fluid at 300K. I will basically study the distance travel by the cold fluid in the domain with varying flow rate.
This is more of a general question than being specific to yade. I would welcome all your suggestions, about what sort of an approach i should use to deal with this problem.

-Shailesh