Re: [Question #257855]: how tp launch Yade by C++ script

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
FYI, I started playing with Palabos with exactly the objective in mind...
We should definitely talk to each other!

Back to the question. I think your approach can work but it is maybe not the best option.
If I can show your concept with a graph, it looks like this:

YADE -> C++ -> Python -> C++

Actually, it is better to have python at the last level, because it is much more flexible.
Palabos stopped maintaining the python wrapping, too bad, but it is not a big deal to write our own thin wrapper for a specific type of things.

Therefore, I would go for this type of code coupling:
YADE ------> C++ -> Python

PALABOS -> C++ -> Python

>From a user point of view, it is completely different. Now the coupled
code is interactive. You can run a few timesteps, stop, inspect or
change some values, run more timesteps. There is also no need to
recompile to define a different simulation..