Re: [Question #260561]: Cohfrictmat Spheres Dissappearing on Contact

Description changed to:
Hello,

I'm fairly new at Yade, currently I'm attempting to simulate the forces
involved with breaking a three particle beam of ice, made as a
CohFrictMat. The idea being to either place the particles in a vertical
organization and collide them with setCohesionOnNewContact=True, or to
place them IN contact and use setCohesionNow=True. In both cases facets
are used to ensure allignment, the two ends are fixed after movement
stops, and then a facet is created to use as an indenter. The problem
being that upon starting the simulation using any parameters that allow
cohesion, all the particles dissappear. My current physics engine is as
follows:

##Sphere, facet, cohesiveFrictionMaterial##
O.engines=[
   ForceResetter(),

	InsertionSortCollider([
Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),
Bo1_Facet_Aabb()]),

	InteractionLoop(
		[Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom6D(),Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom6D()],

		[Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys(
setCohesionNow=True,
setCohesionOnNewContacts=False
),Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],

		[Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment(
##Moment law causes issues such as dissappearing spheres##
always_use_moment_law=True,
creep_viscosity=1,
neverErase=False,
shear_creep=False,
twist_creep=False,
useIncrementalForm=True
),Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
),
   NewtonIntegrator(damping=0.03,label='newton'),
   PyRunner(command='simfunc()', iterPeriod=iterperiod),

   ##VTKrecorder##
  ##VTKRecorder(fileName='test',recorders=['all','force'], iterPeriod=2500)
]

The material "Ice" had the following parameters:

##Assorted variables##
youngMod=	1e19
poisRat=	0.3
pois=		0.5/(1+poisRat)
shearMod=	0.5*pois
normAdh=	3e0
normCoh=	2*youngMod*normAdh
normShearRat=	1
shearCoh=	normCoh/normShearRat
bendKr=		(2/3)*(1+poisRat)
twistKtw=	(2/3)
angle=		radians(36)
rhoP=		927

##Ice##
Ice=CohFrictMat(
young=youngMod,
poisson=pois,
frictionAngle=angle,
density=rhoP,
alphaKr=bendKr,
alphaKtw=twistKtw,
isCohesive=True,
momentRotationLaw=True,
normalCohesion=normCoh,
shearCohesion=shearCoh,
label='ice')
O.materials.append(Ice)

I've attempted at experimenting with various young modulii as well as
the varients of the physics engine, I've read the majority of
documentation on the functions involved, the answer simply hasn't been
apparent to me. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using yade-daily 1.11.0 on Kubuntu.