Re: [Question #263739]: isotropic compression at controled pressure

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>coupled with a small max_vel

No need I think. For very smooth evolutions select a large N (10e4 or
so), in which case "number" can be 1 (the number of iterations between
each change of the applied pressure). Depends how close to equilibrium
you want to be (it will need a bit of trial-error probably).

In my experience there is an overhead when writing:
for k in range(100):
   O.run(1,1)

which makes things slower compared to (for instance)
for k in range(10):
   O.run(10,1)

That would be the only reason to use larger stress steps with more
iterations between them.