Re: [Question #265943]: How to get the induced Stress/strain in DSR test?

> 1) How can we get the sigma xy in the sample?

e.g.

s = getStress(volumeOfTheDisc)
sxy = s[0,1]

> 2) "have you tried your model in some simple scenario, like uniaxial
> tension? It might happen, that on interaction level the model would behave
> according to Burger's model, but macroscopically it could be different..."
>
> Yes, I tried and compared the microscopic and macroscopic behaviors. Both
> were dynamic by the way.
> In the microscopic level (the response of two contacting spheres) is what
> expected by theory of Burger's model. But, the many-spheres system is
> strange. I was thinking perhaps there's a time-step problem

then try to decrease the time step. What I meant is the interplay between
normal and shear components. Even in the easy case of perfectly linear
elastic behavior you would get "strange" stiffness depending non-trivially
on normal and shear interaction stiffness. If you have additional dampers,
I would expect the macroscopic damping to behave similarly..