Re: [Question #268152]: Question about parallel calculation of Yade when using Polyhedra particle.

Hi Henry,

when having errors, always try to find the very first one. The rest might
just be the result of the first one. If I read the code correctly, you
should have got this error prior to the mentioned by you:

verletDist is set to 0 because no spheres were found. It will result in
suboptimal performances, consider setting a positive verletDist in your
script

by default, value of InsertionSortCollider.verletDist is -0.5. If the
simulation contains spherical particles, it is somehow computed from
spheres automatically. If there are no spheres, then you got the error. A
solution (not tested) is to set it manually, i.e.

O.engines = [
  InsertionSortCollider(verletDist=0.1,...),
]

Concerning the second error, what version of Yade do you use? I got the
same error some time ago, then I updated to the newer Yade git version and
the error disappeared..

cheers