Re: [Question #269063]: Metallic plate tension

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
Short comments (I didn't follow the complete discussion, sorry):

1/ About comparison of stress:
- stress Yade - http://i11.pixs.ru/storage/7/6/4/pic2JPG_7240037_18032764.jpg Ansys - http://i11.pixs.ru/storage/6/5/6/pic5JPG_6182930_18032656.jpg.

If you compare the number of Gauss points in Ansys with the number of
spheres in you DEM model I guess you'll find a large difference, hence
the comparison is not fair. It suggests a more general question: why
simulating an elastic plate with DEM at all?! With such regular array of
spheres you get a very peculiar orthotropic behaviour which will never
match the results obtained for isotropic materials.

2/ Micro-macro relation for Young's modulus in regular array is trivial: Emacro = Emicro (put a factor 0.5 maybe, not completely sure now). If your material type does not have Emicro there must be something equivalent.
Poisson's ratio is null in the directions of the regular array (for all others directions it is a different story...)