Re: [Question #269739]: Validation of the Hertz-Mindlin model

Bettina Suhr confirmed that the question is solved:
Dear Bruno,

thank you for you help. You are right, starting from the analytical solution for the contact of two spheres,
the analytical solution for sphere-wall contact is obtained when one radius goes to infinity.
What I found in the Yade source code is:

sphere-facet (Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom):
scm->radius1 = 2*sphereRadius;
scm->radius2 = sphereRadius;

sphere-wall contact (Ig2_Wall_Sphere_ScGeom):
ws->radius1=ws->radius2=radius; // do the same as for facet-sphere: wall's "radius" is the same as the sphere's radius

I changed in both function the radius of the wall to be big (1e8*radius
of the sphere).

After eliminating another error in my script (my wall had the same material parameters as the sphere, where the wall was supposed to be rigid),
now I obtain the correct result for this test case.

Is the choice of the radius of a facet/wall meaningful for other contact
laws? Or should it be changed?

Thanks again,
Bettina