Re: [Question #271097]: Cohesive model description in Yade

Alexander is still having a problem:
Jan, thank a lot for response.

So the 3 statement is unclear for me yet:

1) how Yade knows what type of contact should be created?:

2) Does Yade create cohesive contact every time when 2 particles meet or
not?

3) If it creates cohesive contact every time, why for exmple in
CohFricMat there are functions:

-  Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys::setCohesionNow(=false)
   If true, assign cohesion to all existing contacts in current time-step. The flag is turned false automatically, so that
   assignment is done in the current timestep only.

-  CohFrictPhys::initCohesion(=false)
   Initialize the cohesive behaviour with current state as equilibrium state (same as
   Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys::setCohesionNow but acting on only one interaction)

-  setCohesionOnNewContacts(=false)
   If true, assign cohesion at all new contacts. If false, only existing contacts can be cohesive (also see
   Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys::setCohesionNow), and new contacts are only frictional.

So i think that in this case i decided myself when new contacts are
created and the most important thing that setCohesionNow and
initCohesion acts only one iteration. Am i right?

4) Does something like that exist in CpmMat?  Because when i used CpmMat
in my program i don't set similar parameters, just "neverDamage = true"

with regards, Alexander