Re: [Question #275284]: bug with periodic cell of the order of the particles diameter

Raphaël Maurin gave more information on the question:
Hi Jerome !

Thank you for your tests ! On the picture you sent me by email, you can
see very few particles at the bottom of the sample (one or two layers at
most, which makes ~20 particles), but actually you introduced 120
particles ! And if you look carefully, some particles are completely
overlapping...

So it seems you are able to reproduce the bug.
In my case, when I put the flag lateralWalls to 1 (line 11 of the script), it is completely different: you can see a deposit of about 5 layers of particles as expected, and no weird overlapping.

I saw the bug you mentioned and I believe that it is linked. Do you
think the new version of the insertion collider you proposed would fix
the problem ?

Raphael