Re: [Question #275284]: bug with periodic cell of the order of the particles diameter

Jérôme Duriez posted a new comment:
I do not know..

In my case, the major issue was at the very first step of the simulation. The insertion collider version I proposed solved at least the contact detection for this very first step.
For contact detection during the simulation, the fix was probably less efficient, as I mentionned in the bug report. (different parts of the collider code apply for very first step and next steps, if I remember well)

This is quite old for me now, but all my passed efforts are described on
the bug report. It may be worth for you to give a try with what I
proposed at that time, and it may give you some ideas to complete the
fix, if necessary ?

Anyway, I would be very happy if this is finally useful (hoping that the
collider did not change too much in the meantime..)